Friday, October 23, 2009

Artist's Critique and Salon

Instead of making two separate posts I decided to combine them into one big post. Last week, I had an artist's critique with photographer Sama Alshaibi. Sama is an assistant professor of art at the University of Arizona. We discussed my Miracle Toast, Dominica and Aloysius (Giant Rosaries), and Momento Mori and the presentation of these works. In regards to Miracle Toast, I've talked about suspending it and sewing pieces of toast together, as well as presenting it in clear plastic bags and then having the toast cascade out. Then there was a return to the Giant Rosaries, which I'm particularly fond of, there was talk about making them bigger and better and making them float. There are some kinks I need to work out in showing Momento Mori.
The salon went well, five of us presented work, it was interesting. No one really said much of anything during my critique. Probably because I showed a 4 minute video and I talked for about 2 minutes leaving 3 minutes for muted comments. Not much to say there.

I really want to work on a video project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment